The advent of mobile device apps makes living life more accessible and convenient. And you can run your lawn maintenance company efficiently with landscaping apps.
Read on to see which apps will make operating your landscape company a breeze this summer.
Why Landscaping Apps Make Running Your Business More Efficient
If you’re a small lawn care company, landscaping apps help you get contracts signed, track time spent at a property and save you gas while on the road.
If you’re a larger company, you’ll probably use an app from the landscape software that your business already uses. However, landscaping apps can help fill in the gaps that the software doesn’t cover.
3 Landscaping Apps to Help You Keep Time
Three great landscaping apps help you track your crews’ time out in the field. The apps include
- Harvest app: This landscaping app helps a small business with time-tracking and expenses without the need for spreadsheets or lost receipts. Right now, Harvest has a 30-day trial offer when you use their app.
Download the Harvest app from Google Play or the App Store.
- iPunchclock: If you have an iPhone or another Apple mobile device, you can download iPunchclock, which tracks time and your location. The newest version allows you to send reports, summaries, and task reports.
- Clock Punch: If you don’t have an Apple mobile device, you can download Clock Punch from Google Play. It’s not as advanced as iPunchclock, but it’s efficient with clocking in and out of a job.
Read more: How to Enter into Commercial Lawn Care
Keep Your Crews Safe from Heat Stress with These Two Apps
- Accuweather: Your crew leader can keep an eye on the sky if there’s a chance for dangerous storms. Likewise, you can check the heat index and decide whether it’s time to call your crews in for the day.
You can download the Accuweather app from Google Play or the App Store.
- OSHA-NIOSH Heat Safety Tool:The landscaping app, the OSHA-NIOSH Heat Safety Tool, will recommend the best health and safety options for hot days. It also provides a real-time heat index and hourly forecasts to help you schedule your crews during the dog days of summer.
You can download it from the App Store or Google Play.
Landscape Management Apps to Keep You Organized
Landscape management apps, designed for lawn care and landscaping professionals, help you with invoicing, signing contracts, and creating on the go.
Here are six landscaping apps to help you with the management side of your green industry business:
- DocuSign: Go paperless and send contracts and other documentation that needs a signature from this app. You don’t need to wait until you get back to the office to send off an estimate. Instead, get it while sitting in your truck at the property.
You can download DocuSign at the App Store or Google Play.
- GasBuddy – Out on the road and need to fill up your tank? Then you need GasBuddy. This landscaping app shows you where the cheapest gas is near you. You can save up to five times in gas.
You can download this app at the App Store or Google Play.
- Invoice2Go:Get organized with your expenses, receipts, and invoices. Invoice2Go allows you to send invoices as well as stay up on other parts of customer management.
You can download Invoice2Go at the App Store or Google Play.
Learn more: 8 Outdoor Trends to Sell in 2021
- iScape:Create landscape designs while you’re at your customer’s property. You can download this app at the App Store.
This design app comes with design and planning tools and a “buy and deliver” feature. iScape allows you to collaborate with other landscape designers and industry leaders.
- Lawn Buddy:Streamline your business from your truck or at the office. Lawn Buddy’s features include CRM, job scheduling, automatic invoicing, digital payments, on-demand jobs, and Quickbooks integration.
Download this app at the App Store or Google Play.
- Leaf Snap:Can’t remember the name of that tree? Then, Leaf Snap is for you. This landscaping app is easy to use: Take a plant leaf photo, and the app will tell you what it is. You can download Leaf Snap at the App Store or Google Play.
- Planimeter:Need to measure the length and width of a patio? You can now do that with Planimeter.
This landscaping app allows you to measure by distance, perimeter, angle, and GPS coordinates using Google Maps. Find Planimeter at Google Play.
Use Professional Lawn and Landscape Spreaders on Your Next Job
When one of these landscaping apps helps you land a new job or allows you to spend more time out in the field, look like a pro with Spyker Spreaders.
As we say at Spyker, “You won’t find a better spreader than a Spyker!” And the landscape professionals who use Spyker Spreaders agree.
At Spyker Spreaders, we have the Ergo-Pro Series built with you in mind. Also, our Pro Series, the original Spyker Spreaders, come in various styles to meet your landscaping needs.
You can find our Spyker Spreader products at your local dealer or these online retailers.
Have a question about your Spyker spreader? Then, call our customer service at (800)972-6130 or fill out our contact form.