GIE+EXPO 2018 is Almost Here
GIE+EXPO is known as being the largest trade show in a number of industries, including: outdoor power equipment, lawn and garden products/outdoor leisure items, and light construction/landscape equipment. Located in Louisville Kentucky, the GIE+EXPO hosts hundreds of exhibits where you can preview and demo products. But on top of that, it is also a great opportunity to network and to learn about industry trends.
Dates: Wednesday, Oct. 17 – Friday, Oct. 19
Time: Wednesday, Dealers Only: Noon – 3 pm, All Attendees: 3 pm – 7 pm
Thursday, 9 am – 5 pm
Friday, Indoor: 9 am – 2 pm, Outdoor: 9 am – 1 pm
Location: Kentucky Exposition Center; 937 Phillips Ln, Louisville, KY 40209
What to expect for GIE Expo 2018
With over 850 exhibits and a projected 24,000 attendees, GIE+EXPO 2018 is going to be even bigger and better than ever before. These 850 exhibits will be spanning throughout the 500,000 sq. ft. facility of tradeshow space. The expo center space also includes 20+ acres reserved for demonstrations and test driving equipment outdoors.
New in the registration area will be a New Products Spotlight which will be highlighting more than 100 new products from 79 companies. In an interview with Lawn and Landscape, president and CEO of the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute Kris Kiser states, “The new products area has always been a popular feature, but as the show continues to grow, we had maxed out space on the show floor. In order to make room for more exhibitors, we’ve revamped the feature. With this new lobby display, attendees will be able to get an overview of new products and where to find them before they head onto the show floor.”
In addition to the New Products Spotlight, attendees now have access to the free Go EXPO smart phone app. This app allows users to search for exhibitors, view product information, download a personalized walking map, as well as many other things! The Go EXPO mobile app is available in the iTunes and Google Play stores.
For those who are new to the industry or just looking to gain additional insights, GIE+EXPO will be hosting a series of workshops specifically for contractors and lawn & landscape professionals, grounds managers, and hardscape installers. You can find additional information on these workshops by visiting GIE+EXPO’s website.
To top it off, Exhibitors are offering a wide variety of giveaways including large cash prizes, free products, VIP NASCAR passes, etc.
Words of advice from GIE Veterans
We asked a few of our Spyker Spreaders team members (who also happen to be longstanding GIE go-ers) on what advice they’d give to a GIE newcomer. Here’s what they came up with:
- Arrive early and stay late
- Download the GIE+EXPO Show mobile app ‘Go EXPO’
- Check the weather– If it is going to be a hot day, do the outside exhibits first
- Check out the New Products Spotlight
- Enter the drawings! GIE goes big on giveaways, don’t miss the chance to take home an awesome product
- Review the Directory ahead of time and make note of the booth numbers you want to be sure to visit so you don’t miss anything in the craziness of the show
- Use the products and ask questions, the exhibitors are there to help you
- Plan to eat lunch early or late, as the food lines can waste a lot of time if you go between 12-1:30pm
- See a little bit of Louisville if you have time after the Expo. Here are Yelp’s top Louisville attractions.
- Enjoy! Our team says GIE is one of the best shows every year, don’t forget to have some fun.
Don’t Forget: Come By the Spyker Booth for Our Biggest Spreader Giveaway
Don’t forget to stop by our booth for our biggest Spreader giveaway yet! We’ll be giving away new 50lb ERGO-PRO Spreaders throughout GIE with multiple chances to win. Just come by booth #3126 to put your name in for the drawing, or stop by our outdoor booth #7715 to enter the spreader race and win one if you have the best time!